View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 05:14 PM
jetkarma*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
It would certainly help mitigate the lack of a #1 Center. Horton would be more of a 2-3 year fix as a top sixer I'd imagine, so long term it would still need addressing but I like the idea. Especially since there's more than a coin flip of a chance that we'll be trying to nab the best offensive center at our draft spot. One other thing I like about Horton is that he comes from a beastly cycling team in Boston. Our team has got to be bottom 3rd in cycling the puck without losing that and he would help address that.

Scheifele will likely take over Jokinen's spot next year or the year after. Hopefully one of our 2nd rounders this year will be used on an offensive right winger as well.
Horton is 27 , why would he be only viewed as a 2-3 year fix? He has been very consistent so I don't see why that would change barring any unforeseen changes.
a
As I mentioned when the ROR discussion began heating up , I don't believe Burmistrov as the core piece would be accepted by Colorado.

It isn't ROR or Horton for the same acquisition price , if Winnipeg can get a top 6 player with his size , consistency , and versatility for no assets other than cash , I completely see they would be very interested.