Thread: Proposal: Oilers-Kings
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 05:15 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

vCash: 500
It's too bad Penner doesn't play in real life the way he plays in NHL 12.

Any time I played with or against the Kings, the guy was an animal.

Good speed for a big guy, enough skill to deke/shoot/score/pass, impossible to knock of the puck with his size, and whenever he threw a hit he pretty much destroyed the guy that had the puck.

In reality though, he's a dog. I don't get the revisionist history of some Kings fans either. He was abysmal in the 2011 playoffs against San Jose. Then the guy was awful in the regular season, Sutter even called him horse-****. He wasn't even that good in the 2012 playoffs. People remember him scoring the OT winner against the Coyotes to send the Kings to the Cup and sensationalize/romanticize it.

The Kings won the cup in spite of him, not because of him. And it was a major mistake by Dean getting duped into re-signing him, even if it was for one year. That money should have been spent on another player or players, preferably another winger (like Semin).

As for the trade, as a Kings fan, I'd do it. At least when healthy, Whitney has been a good solid player. Both contracts are up at the end of the year, Penner won't be back here long term. Penner is healthy and still sucks. Give me the potential top 4 d-man especially with the injuries to Greene Mitchell and Martinez.

gonnaneedsomewine is offline   Reply With Quote