Thread: Speculation: Goodbye Weiss
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
My prediction: 6 months from now all of the people who used to be staunch Weiss defenders and complained when he didn't get the C will turn into Weiss-haters.

Disclaimer: I have never been a big fan of Stephen Weiss. Not his fault that the organization needed more from him than he was capable of, but he's not worth a big contract.
Does anyone else find this to be some-what sad?? All these "Die-Hard" fans turn their backs on players they loved? We loved Bo,Horton,Booth,Weiss,Vokoun,
Versteeg and now it seems as though no one cares. Yes,I am not a fan of Bo or Horton,lazy players and bad situations but I love Weiss, and loved Vokoun and Booth. Weiss is a great player, no question. He isn't a superstar but he's great. There was a reason why the team sucked so badly when he wasn't in the lineup or playing injured. He's a great two way player,has tons of heart, and I believe we need to hold onto him. Same can be said about Steeg. He was playing injured and does try to be flashy at times but he too,is a great player.
I think now that we have some real talent and good depth, were getting too greedy. I wonder how many people who want Weiss and Steeg traded would be saying the same thing if we did end up traded them and became worse?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote