View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 06:51 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja View Post
Hey, are Buffalo fans satisfied with Hodgson for Kassian?

I recently heard it was a mistake for the Sabres from a Winnipeg press memeber but every time I look at the score sheet Cody is on it. Admittedly don't watch any of their games so just wondering what the fans' take is on his play.
Love it. Cody's been a fantastic fit next to Vanek. Was very close to getting a G and 1 or 2 As last night in the first alone (Vanek just failed to cash in on a couple prime chances, and Hodgson just barely had a point blank shot with a half empty net deflected wide off a defender's stick). His defensive play is...underwhelming, but offensively the kid has been money, and he does seem to be working hard at improving on his deficiencies. The effort has been noticeable in his skating and faceoff stats. I'm hopeful that the defensive game will come with time too. I'm sure no one would notice his issues there as much if we had a legitimate shutdown C that could take the tough match-ups and he and Ennis weren't just getting thrown into the fire in that regard, but our roster is what it is, and overall he's playing well.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote