View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Horton is 27 , why would he be only viewed as a 2-3 year fix? He has been very consistent so I don't see why that would change barring any unforeseen changes.
a
As I mentioned when the ROR discussion began heating up , I don't believe Burmistrov as the core piece would be accepted by Colorado.

It isn't ROR or Horton for the same acquisition price , if Winnipeg can get a top 6 player with his size , consistency , and versatility for no assets other than cash , I completely see they would be very interested.
He is only 27 true. He's been in the league for nine seasons now, 564 games. Not that he will be out of the league. It's kind of expected that when he does lose a step or two, his production will drop off somewhat. I was referring to the 5-6 year deals I heard mentioned. He's not super durable either. That said I would love to get him. Has always had a good shooting %, big player that would really help cover up some of Kane's weaknesses. Top six guy on a Cup winner that had offence by committee.

If we can get him for anywhere near what we got Olli for, I'm down. What I don't want though is to have a 15 goal, 40 point guy (he's a 25/30/55 guy over the last 5-7 years averaging roughly) making $5-6M when the team would ideally be having their window of contention open. Then again, unless we get real lucky through the draft, we might never get someone like him...I'm always a fan of bringing in UFA's as opposed to giving up picks and young players.

Seems like a perfect fit the more I look into it. We need more tough veterans in our lineup like him.