View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 06:51 PM
almostawake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
He still has a country mike and a half to go but...when I think of what Scheifele could be, David Kreiji seems to be an ideal comparison to my untrained eye?? Is Horton a good PP guy? Seems like no one besides Chara really is on that team.
Maybe one day with Scheifele, but so far at the NHL level everything I've seen him create was off of transition or broken plays. Maybe one day he'll be capable of the possession/cycle game but it looks to be a long way off.

Horton is not very good on the PP IMO. Doesn't have quite the level of stick handling and passing required. He can be a decent net front presence but not as good as you'd expect given his size.

I think Ladd is a decent comparison in terms of his skill set. Horton is a bit better skater, with a better shot, but is less consistent in his effort and willingness to pay the price to make the play.

As far as the Bruins PP goes, it's not good. They haven't even scored a PP goal at home this season. But having said that, it was probably even worse in 10-11 when they won the Cup. Their approach is to just be so good 5 on 5 that the PP is irrelevant.