Thread: Dany Heatley...
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 07:17 PM
MNWILDFAN001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Hes still hands down the best option we have for that top line when it comes to producing. And he should stay there until Coyle or someone shows otherwise.

Look at the chances he has been getting since being back on that line. He produces and is a big part of the team offensively. Move him and he's done.
That is true. I liked how Coyle did when he was up here. I thought he did well the things I criticize Heatley for, getting in on the forecheck and winning puck battles. Just lacked the finishing touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
fairly sure Heatley is supposed to be standing in front of the net waiting for shot opportunities. the idea behind that line is Parise and Koivu are great two-way players with enough skill to move the puck around by themselves.
Part of his job is to get in a scoring position. It's easy to cover someone that is just standing there. You need to get involved with the play. Sometimes help out in corners, win puck battles, recover loose pucks, get in on the forecheck so we don't have one man(Parise) putting pressure on 2 defensemen.
I am not saying Heatley is useless, but he is kind of a one-trick pony. And if we had someone with more of those other abilities that mentioned, then that 1st line would be even better. I think if Coyle develops a better scoring touch, he could be a good fit up there.

MNWILDFAN001 is offline   Reply With Quote