View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
No, he didn't. What you've hit upon here is exactly my point. In Florida he put up points.

Putting up points and playing well can be two completely different things. In Florida Horton floated, he took nights off, etc. He put up points because a) he played a heck of a lot and b) has some skills that are elite and basically guarantee him a certain level of production at the NHL level. But that doesn't mean he played well or was an effective player.

If the Jets signed Horton to a contract at his market value this summer and Florida Horton is what they got, it would be a disaster.

I watched him play in Florida , and he did play well , now was he maybe inconsistent? maybe , but if you don't think he is top 6 player nothing I can say will convince and honestly it doesn't matter.

IMO he would fit in well , that doesn't mean we will take a run at him and of course he may not entertain any desire to play here , but he won't be resigned by Boston ( salary cap not performance ) and big Bruin fans that I know would without a doubt say he is a legitimate top 6 forward with size , consistency and versatility.

Now if Ryan Getzlaf is available , then my focus and want is all with him , but as I mentioned I doubt he becomes available and would cost a lot more. Horton , to me could be a very positive move for "only" cash.