Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Get back to me after you've watched the last handful of games where Heatley has been an offensive black hole on that line...

I like the **** All-Star, but Yeo needs to get him on a line with Bouchard and Brodziak.

Get back to me when you know anything about the game, or especially the last "handful" of games you speak of.

Lets flashback...how many points did Coyle have playing with Koivu and Parise in those 4 games?? And being handed top PP time??

ZERO.

I don't care if he is a better cycler or plays a better physical game or is a better skater. Heatley flat out produces goals. When it comes to playing someone with passers like Koivu and Parise you need someone who can bury the puck. Someone who can capitalize on those chances the other 2 produce. Heatley can do that. Ill take his 25-30 goals playing on that line in a full season over Coyle not producing anyday.

Get back to me when Coyle learns how to produce at the NHL level offensively. Don't think that is magically happening this year. He hasn't exactly lit the AHL on fire.

In the future will Coyle be that guy? Sure I think there is a good chance he will be that guy. But you arguing that Heatley should be replaced on the top line right now is absurd. I don't think you've watched the last games where he actually has had the most opportunities of any of our forwards since he has been put back on the top line.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote