View Single Post
02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
nik jr
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
He probably has earned a bigger chance. Keep in mind with his ice time he is unlikely to hit the first PP unit especially when healthy there is no argument for it and he doesn't kill penalties.

But playing with Datsyuk wouldn't be the worst thing at least a longer experiment of looking at it. I would actually keep Abdelkader there over Cleary at this point but that is another subject.

Taking Tatar out of the bottom six though right now means going back to having a line down there that probably won't ever have the puck again. That part of the logic makes a little sense not playing his bottom six line the most right now doesn't however.
that is a reasonable argument to keep tatar on 3rd line, but he absolutely deserves more PPTOI. he is probably the 3rd most creative and dangerous player on the team.

Originally Posted by sepster View Post
Absolutely. I've always liked Tatar because he displays that mentality of wanting the puck, wanting to take it to the net and wanting to score. He's not content to just hitch along for the ride, but he wants to be a difference maker.

Brunner shows that same attitude, so does Zetterberg, Datysuk learned to adopt that mentality. It's refreshing to see another young guy that wants the puck on his stick.
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I've really liked his aggressiveness on offense also- seems that a lot of our younger guys over the years have been very deferential on offense, and I've kinda chalked it up to a combination of their mindset as players along with the knowledge that they are on a short leash and will get demoted/benched if they make mistakes.

Tatar just seems to be willing to play his game, make plays when they are there, and doesn't have to be begged to shoot the puck. I think he belongs on Datsyuk's wing given the injury situation to play opposite Abby, and I'm very confident in him as a player to keep producing and being dangerous on the ice for our 3rd line when everyone's healthy for the rest of the season.

Of course, I am less confident that Kenny won't just send him to GR when enough forwards come back healthy instead of moving out some of the redundant bottom 6 guys we have.

tatar's offensive awareness, aggressive mentality, confidence and patience with the puck are very impressive.

he is also surprisingly not bad defensively.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote