View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 10:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
24 points in 48 games isnt alot to be excited about. Even if it was 2nd to Giroux when JVR actually played. JVR was very productive in the Buffalo series, but that was a contract year for him. He didnt play with that intensity the following season.
I said before his injury (I don't remember his numbers maybe someone could help me out in that department). He played injured for a while and when he came back he never hit his stride as he was in and out on several occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I really don't understand why people are saying this about the JvR-Schenn trade. The Flyers needed defensive help. Just because a young player was traded does not signify some sort of impatience. I don't understand how you can say the Flyers don't have patience, when they traded for a young defenseman with whom they know is going to take time to develop (i.e. patience). Now there may be other reasons out there that you could point to to support your "lack of patience" argument, but the JvR for Schenn trade is not one of them.
In general the flyers aren't patient. And yeah they addressed a need by getting Schenn and dealing from a point of strength but there were other options on d available. Schenn was acquired before we even knew definitively what was happening with Weber. I firmly believe that if JVR wasn't injured last yr and got to play a full season he would still be a flyer. That's partially why I consider them impatient.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 02-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote