View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
3 players=one whole line. And we didn't have 5 forwards over 30 points. We only had four.

You still need some skill to pot in those delicious setups from Crosby and Malkin. Can't expect Mike Rupp or Travis Moen to do the same.

30 points is a LOT for third liners. Having all three third liners eclipsing 30 points is a not a common occurrence in the NHL. That's because one, third liners usually don't have much skill, and two, they get less ice time.

I was counting forwards, not dmen because they're their own little beasts and don't play in the top 6 or top 9. You really think we had scoring depth last year? We had NONE. Cole, DD, Pacioretty, and Plekanec were the only forwards to eclipse 30 points. 1 line and a third of a line. Ok, maybe Kostitsyn and Cammalleri could have went over, but they were cold as crap that season. Even so, that would mean only 6 players went over 30 points.
I didn't realize you meant forwards since you said players. Yes 30 points for a 3rd liner is good. But they also had a couple guys playing with Malkin and Crosby and only putting up 30-40 pts which is not very good. I would fully expect Moen to get 30-40 pts playing with Malkin or Crosby he was on pace for 27 playing with Eller and Kostitsyn on the 3rd line.

I don't think we had scoring depth that was the point, we we're close to the number you gave and clearly didn't have depth. Though now that you cleared up the forward only it's not quite as close

But when your 3rd best point producer doesn't even have half as many points as the either of the top 2 guys, then yes you are a top heavy team (That's both reg season and playoffs).

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote