View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I would add Franky Palazzese to the goaltending list but I have no issues with either Locke or Trochek winning the Tilson.

Brock...how about a list of "unheralded" MVP skaters that doesn't put up MVP numbers but just help their team win.
My nominees....Nathan Chiarlitti (Owen Sound) and Ben Fanelli (Kitchener)......others??
Nathan Chiarlitti is probably the most under appreciated player in the OHL. He's on pace to shatter Owen Sound's plus/minus record and has done more for Chris Bigras as an NHL prospect than anyone may ever realize. He's a leader on and off the ice and if Owen Sound can pull off any upsets this year, it could come off his play in big game situations.

If he didn't play on the worst team in the OHL in his NHL Draft year as a defensive defenseman he likely would have got picked. But guys in his situation tend to get overlooked. I've had two different OHLers say that Nathan is the one player they're most surprised never got an NHL camp invite. Hopefully he gets one this year because he's earned it.

RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote