Old
02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I never loved Weiss.

He's a good player, not a great one.

If you want to top off as a playoff team, then Weiss is a good long term solution at 2C. If you want to shoot for a cup, you won't win it paying Weiss $5M per to center the second line.
I was merely speaking in general terms. I've seen a lot of fans posting on these boards over the years, and they seem to jump ship once a player slows down.

I love Weiss! I think he's great. When Weiss is on his game, we win games! As we can see, we're losing and one reason is because Weiss isn't 100%. In the past, when Weiss was out of the lineup, the team fell apart. While I am certainly open to improving our offense and gaining a true #1 center, I feel having someone like Weiss on our roster can only help this team succeed. While you may think the Panthers won't win a Cup paying Weiss $5 mil a year, I am sure there are fans of the other 29 other teams ,as well as management of those teams, who might disagree with you.
I am not comparing Weiss to Ovy,Crosby,Toews, or Stamkos, and you may not love Weiss but I think we can all agree that he is a great player who has done a lot of good things for this organization.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote