View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Nolon is playing a whole 8 mins or so a game. I have no issue when hes playing on the 4th line. The probelm i have is when hes moved up to the 3rd line He has no offensive skills. I cant count the number of time i ve seen him lose the puck in the offensive zone when there is no reason to. imo we need someone with offensive skill on that line. I would rather see richardson playing there. The "role of enforcer" is all he has and it can be taken by king ( since he aint doing much offensively) or ellerby. This team is big and tuff all over and needs more skill on its wings The reason gagne and richardson isnt playing is we have 6 lws and noone is going to get regular playing time till we get rid of one for a right winger. make that 7 now that lewis is getting game time there.
So don't move him up to the 3rd line?

Also, he's not really an enforcer, even if he has that duty fall to him, but if you think Ellerby or King can do that at all, you're mistaken. Those two, especially Ellerby, would get their heads caved in if they had to fight an even so-so heavyweight.

And have you played hockey? I ask because the classification of players as either lW or RW is outdated really, in these days most wingers can play both wings equally effectively, and many forwards can play all three positions. A winger going to centre is the big difficulty but one winger going to the off wing really only impacts greatly on his shot after the first few games for adjustment.

And if you are seeking more skill in the line up and think Mursak is it, why wouldn't the Kings just play Gagne or Richardson instead? It's not because they are esclusively LW'ers, cause they aren't. Richardson is actually a natural centre.