View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:10 PM
harpoon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
The best we can do is stay out of those threads.

They are made to get us in there swinging. No response and the trolls have no ammo.
I stay off the main boards as a rule. Not much to see there.
I just picked one of those threads that SephF posted above and read through it ... NHL needs to change the rules because Edmonton sucks.
I thought it wasn't that bad.

I have been against losing on purpose for draft picks since day one, and one of the main reasons I was against it was that losing sewers the reputation of this franchise. I don't want Edmonton to be one of those loser franchises that always has an asterisk next to it because they sucked their way to SC. I told posters here that Tamby and Katz would lead us to laughingstock territory and sure enough that's where we are.

Lest you think fans around the NHL forget look how quickly the guy from Pittsburgh got jumped on in that thread when he decided to join the Oiler bashing party. Fans remember who built their teams through hard work and who just took the easy way. Any SC victories we may win on the backs of these lotto picks will be tainted in the eyes of many many NHL fans .

Its the price the franchise pays for hiring a goof as GM and losing on purpose for three straight years. If people can't accept that the franchise is going to be looked at negatively because of their atrocious record over the last four seasons then maybe they should just stay off the main boards.