View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Your honestly making the argument that right now Charlie Coyle as a rookie..the guy who scored roughly .5points per game in the AHL is better than Danny Heatley? Our leading scorer last year and a player who has scored 50 goals in the NHL twice...
Charlie Coyle may never be the player offensively Danny Heatley is right now..even on the downside of his career. ..and thats on the downside of his career. Coyle may never touch 26 goals.

You need to take off your "shiny new toy" glasses for a minute..
Charlie Coyle is better than Dany Heatley, I'm saying it. Name one thing that Heatley has that Coyle doesn't besides more time with the top line. Heater went 8 games without a point by the way if your saying Coyle is nothing because he didn't score in 5.

Skating: Coyle it is obvious
Shot: I have yet to see this great Dany Heatley shot, very overrated. So even with slight edge to Heater
Passing: Even, pretty close as far as this year, given Heater can't hold onto the puck long enough to make a pass.
Puck Possession: Coyle
Stick skills: Coyle. Heater cannot dangle to save his life.
Defensively: Coyle

When Heatley isn't one foot away from the goalie on the PP he is completely useless. He doesn't create chances he waits for his linemates to do so then sit patiently for a garbage goal, which rarely happens given his limited mobility and overall suckiness. Given the same amount of time with the top line I would argue Coyle could have just as many points and probably more. 5 goals aint **** for the powerplay time Heater gets in front of the net.

Last edited by Randy BoBandy: 02-22-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote