View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I just don't think he's even going that route, now. Every time I hear someone talk from the organization or for the organization, they just talk about how those 3 are the best and such chemistry, and blah blah blah. And some of the trib guys talked about how Shero wasn't looking for top-6 help, he was looking for back end stuff. I really think they think the 1st line is fine.

Would love to be wrong.
The Trib is wrong a lot though imo but time will tell...

I don't see where this team needs more D-Men. I could see wanting to add a veteran at the deadline but I don't see the need to be shopping for any immediate upgrade back there. They really aren't lacking talent in that area. I think you can question the mix and whether Niskanen is a good fit with Letang or if Despres is ready to play with Letang if Niskanen isn't the right fit there.

Personally, I'd like to rent a left-handed stay at home D like Regehr to pair with Letang and flip one of Niskanen or Despres (preferably Niskanen) + something else for a good winger. Whichever of Niskanen or Despres stays will obviously be the #5 D.

Pens also seem to be scouting the hell out of the Wild. That has to be for forward help since the Wild are fairly weak on D outside of a couple untouchables like Brodin and Suter.