Thread: Advice: Blade Pattern / Lie Help
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:28 PM
LarryO

vCash: 500
I used to play with a Bauer PM9 which is a 5 lie. I would get tape wear at the heel like you do and eventual heel damage. I tried adjusting my shooting with the puck closer to me but it felt unnatural and I had less control over my shot precision. And I didn't want to shorten my stick to force the issue any more since it was already short enough coming below my chin when wearing my skates, and it felt good for puck handling. So I tried the same curve in a 4 lie which BASE offers as the BM09. Now I get pretty even tape wear everywhere and I'm not destroying the heel of the stick anymore. And my shots have improved immensely. That's just my own experience and the 4 lie seems to match my body mechanics. I know that tape wear is not the be all end all judge of proper lie and I didn't really expect to see much difference when I went to a lower lie, but it seems to have worked for me. But post-game might not be the best time to check the tape wear since it can wear just from dragging the heel on the ice as you skate forward. Going to a stick and puck session and just shooting hundreds of slap shots would be a better context for checking the tape wear.
Just my 2 cents worth. Well make that 5 cents since our penny has been taken out of circulation.

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote