View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 PM
CrazyEddie20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNYI View Post
The reality is what ends up happening with MOST teams is that the radio spots (or internet broadcast spots) are lumped in to sponsorship proposals with the view that nobody will actually pay for these spots as a stand-alone opportunity, so you might as well use them to project an added value to potential clients who are evaluating becoming/renewing/expanding their corporate partnerships with your team..

I'm blown away by your statement that a AA hockey team manages to generate over $99,999.99 in ad revenue as a result of their radio broadcasts.. The most loyal fans are, of course, already at the home games.. and for road games they will almost always watch the game on video either by 1) attending a "watch party" at a local sponsor's establishment with other fans (video feed of the game over the internet that the establishment puts on their TVs); or 2) pay to watch the game on video in their homes..

Radio (or audio-only over the internet) is honestly a last-option.. at least in my experience..

I'm not saying I doubt you.. $100k+ in CASH -- from the radio broadcast ALONE?

I pay homage to that team's sales staff.
It's true - but it's an exception. I'll freely admit that. But it is possible.

Let's not forget that if the broadcast is produced properly (meaning, by a minimally competent broadcaster) the ads sold by the sales staff can run over the streaming video too. And if you approach the right businesses, you can sell the ads. It's just a matter of identifying those businesses.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote