View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:32 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Richards has put up 75-80 pts in the NHL. We dont have a clue if O'Reilly will ever be capable of that. He never showed any pure scoring ability in Juniors either. It's not like we're waiting for him to bust out and become a major offensive force.

Not Mike Richards. It's not even fair to compare the guy to him. Richards scored over 30 twice in the OHL and in the NHL. We knew he had the offensive ability.

Saying they're not much different offensively is pretty offensive to Mike Richards.
From what I understand he was on an awful eerie otters team. I know he's not Richards now, but I think he's close. If he had more PP time last year(avs had lowest in last thirty years) it's not inconceivable that he would have scored 5-10 more points. He also played the first half of the year with Daniel Winnik on his wing.

Ryan O'reilly drives the offense by create turn overs and transitioning. With him being a good playmaker, with a good goal scorer he could do some damage. On top of that you can match him against all teams top lines(I know you can with richards) and he comes out on top more often than not.

O'reilly is worth a lot and people don't realize how valuable he is. I'm sick of people looking at the stats. After watching him progress over the years it's tough to let him go but I guarantee whoever gets him will fall in love with him and treat him like Avs fans do.

I know I sound homerish, but O'reilly is a hell of a player and it hurts to see him go. It seemed that him and O'reilly would lead this team back to greatness. I only hope the parts we get back are anywhere near as valuable to the future as O'reilly would have been.