View Single Post
02-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Has prospect fever
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Little and a Top Prospect (not sure of the Jets' prospect pool) for ROR + could very well be the basis of a deal in my opinion.
Our only top prospects are Scheifele and Trouba. Pretty hefty drop after that. Postma and Redmond used to be up there behind those two, but Postma is now much needed at the big club, and Redmond is out for the year.

The problem is if Scheifele or Trouba are included with Little or say Burmistrov, the Jets would expect more than just ROR. I don't think there's anything unreasonable about that.

Of course it all comes out to that "+" on both sides. Little is a nice player in my opinion, and someone who I've wanted on the Avs for a while, but I've got to believe that even Winnipeg fans would realize that of the two players ROR has the higher ceiling and is the better player, just based on his intangibles and work ethic and desire to prove his doubters wrong by turning his weaknesses into strengths.
Jets fans are fully cognizant that ROR has more value than Little based on many factors. We just ask that you realize Little has been playing at center for years now out of team necessity. He is actually better at RW. He did score 31 goals on the wing.

One other thing that has come up with trading with the Jets is Enstrom is week to week, and Redmond is out for the year. We went from 8 healthy D (for a whole 3 minutes of ice time) to 6 in very short order. So I don't think trading any of our D is an option. We also have lots of injuries on the farm.

The way I see it the only roster players the Jets would want to give up for ROR would be Little or Burmistrov. We only have three decent wingers that we want to keep very badly, and I'm sure players like Antropov/Wellwood/Jokinen are of no interest considering their age and UFA status. I don't think the Avs want a rental player.

To be honest, we're not a very good trading partner at this point. But it can work, depending on how flexible Avs management wants to be.