View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Don't mean to rain on any Markov lover's parade, but he's not nearly as good as he used to be. He's getting by admiringly with his incredible hockey sense, but his movement and skating is not great. Someone brought up that he has no even strength points and its really not that surprising. The PP does not require him to move that much, which is why he has excelled in that area. Still, i was at the game last night, and it was evident that he really does not make much effort to get the puck if he has to skate hard to get it (on the PP).

I'm not sure when it will happen, but i predict that very soon Markov's minutes will dip a bit, and Subban's will go up (if it hasn't already happened). It's very strange how Therrien has barely used Subban on the PK, after he excelled in that area last year. You want a physical, mobile guy on the PK, and that's just what he is. I like Diaz, but i can't for the life of me figure out what he's doing on the PK.

I know Therrien is trying to go with more balanced lineup in every facet this year, but of all the things that failed last year, the one thing that worked was the PK. It should be Gorges, Subban, Moen and Plex every first wave.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote