View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 12:30 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I like Tortorella. Both as a coach, and as a person.

That being said, I really think that his current system is a BAD fit for this team. He needs to focus less on cycling, although cycling can still be a cog in our offense, and he needs to start opening up the transition game a bit more. Tell them to try and make plays off the rush, put the players in a POSITION to make plays off the rush. It seems as though whenever the puck is behind our net, we struggle making straightforward passes out of the zone, and it ALWAYS is because there never seems to be enough support on the wall. It's frustrating to watch, because when the team starts getting a consistent flow of rushes from the D-zone all the way through without the dump and chase, they look impressive. I know that Torts doesn't want to risk giving up goals, but he HAS to up the offensive tempo, the way the Rangers play, it just sucks all the life out of the offense. The strategy needs to be adjusted, this isn't the same blue collar team from last year. We have several significant offensive threats, especially with the recent development of Hagelin's offensive game. They need to play to their strengths, and cycling, as of right now, isn't their best option, IMO.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard