View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 01:48 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
can perron play rw? thats where we would put him with huberdeau and fleischmann at lw. we could put huberdeau at rw if needed, our assistant gm said huberdeau could play any forward position, but id prefer to keep him at left. we can do a goligoski type deal, kulikov for perron + polak?
I said it should be just a Weiss rental deal on the first page, but you sucked me into it by making Kulikov so available w/o giving up Shattenkirk.

Perron can and has played some RW with the Blues. In fact, last year when Arnott at C meant Steen was in his correct position at LW, Perron played some on the right side once McDonald returned.

Kulikov for Perron + Polak is imbalanced in the Panthers' favor. A deal that makes more sense is Perron + Cole + Ottawa's 2d + conditional pick/prospect for Kulikov + Weiss. That should either be a 3d round pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign in St. Louis or Lehtera if he does. Weiss would have to sign before the June 30 single-day draft or Florida would get the 3d. (Lehtera, a center and '08 pick, is and has been one of the top scorers in the KHL and wants to come over next year.)

I am a big Perron fan as my own board knows but having Petro/Kulikov/Shattenkirk as a top 3 defense group for a long time is hugely appealing, and the Blues do have Jaskin knocking at the door on LW. Suppose Weiss re-signs and McDonald leaves. Next year:

C: Backes, Weiss, Berglund
LW: Steen, Schwartz, Sobotka (Jaskin working in)
RW: Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart

Kulikov-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
XXX-Polak

Now the Blues are insulated a bit from injury to one of those three defensemen.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote