View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:43 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I hadn't read that. Ok, Stasiuk looks like an Owen Nolan type winger - solid, physical up-and-down-the-wing fore and backchecker. Nolan was better offensively, but the biggest difference there is probably powerplay time, which I think Stasiuk got relatively little of, if I recall correctly.
IIRC, Stasiuk once led the league in ESP... or he was 2nd, or 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I should probably temper that statement a bit. Sanderson's ES production was ok. His even-strength peak looks similar to Brent Sutter's, for example...kind of. But Sutter has that one huge season, and a productive peak that was roughly twice as long as Turk's. It's the combination of not being that great offensively at even strength and a relatively short career that gives me pause when looking at Sanderson. He can definitely do his thing on an ATD 3rd line, but I still think he's always been a bit overrated in this forum.
Sutter had that one huge season because he played with Bossy due to a Trottier injury, no? I'm not sure that makes him any better; it was all situational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Speaking of ES production, have you noticed that hockey-reference has ES/PP/SH assists now?
Sweet!