Thread: Matt Duchene
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:36 AM
PAZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Knee-jerk reactions are every fan's right. I don't necessarily begrudge them that since I'm prone to them from time to time. I was the self-appointed Duchene Apologist on these boards...but there were plenty of fans who were correctly attributing his setback year to a lack of proper linemates, injuries, etc. Much as I like to pat myself on the back for keeping the faith with Dutchy, not even I predicted he'd rededicate himself to the game with such fervor. That's a very rare thing. People were rightfully blasting Stewart for his lazy, indifferent play his first full year (me included) before he was demoted for one game and suddenly came alive. Since then he's been up and down. In the end, both his detractors and supporters gained some measure of vindication.

Both our top two young centers surprised us this offseason, in good and bad ways.
I agree, I always had faith in Duchene, but didn't expect him to be playing at this level for at least another year. Last year Duchene didn't have great linemates, but it didn't matter who his linemates were last year, he was bad. I'd even go as far to say he was a black hole for offense the majority of the year.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote