View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:11 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
No doubt. He had a ton of high points too. He is a beast.

Kinda interesting that he went to Michigan as a defensive D man with questionable offensive upside and now some suggest he can be a bit of a Byfuglien. I wonder if the Jets are worried about how he is being used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I doubt it. There was a reason that Jacob didn't go higher in the draft. Red Berenson is apparently a pretty poor coach when it comes to defensive awareness and positioning, as some GMs pointed out. Chevy is likely banking on Trouba's high hockey IQ to offset that, so is letting his skills develop naturally.
Truck my guess is that they are fine. In the WJC he played a slightly more reserved roll (still had room to rush the puck) and played really good defense in the tournament minus a play here or there. Too me Buff of last year was talented but wreckless at times......Trouba is talented but aggressive. nothing that a little time with Huddy and time in the NHL won't straiten out. I would think they might be pleased that he is being given the freedom to play within a sysytem that is allowing his offensive talents to grow but who knows I guess?

DespoticNewt my guess is that if the NHL scouts and GM's had a do over on draft day Jacob would go as high as 5th now (4th if it was TNSE picking)....like Hamilton the year before I think D men are a bit tough to peg but to me at least he was an absolute steel at #9 and I personally had him as the 2nd best D prospect going into the draft behind Murray.