View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
Yeah, you're right, Theodore must have dressed for that one. Brain cramp on my part. Brodeur was injured and unable to play in that SF game, they just didn't give Luongo a token start.

We should put together a good team for the Worlds, assuming everyone that's eligible accepts the offer. The Oilers trio (RNH, Hall, Eberle), Tavares, Kane, Giroux, Benn, Richards, Carter, Duchene would be in the mix up front if the season ended today. Maybe add guys like Moulson who aren't exactly contenders for the 2014 team, but would add an element of chemistry to the guys who are otherwise locks.

Moulson - Tavares - Giroux
Duchene - Stamkos - St. Louis
Benn - Richards - Carter
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Kane, Hartnell

Coburn - Doughty
Bouwmeester - Myers
Campbell - Hamonic
Alzner, Schultz

Holtby
Theodore
Dubnyk
Hockey Canada never likes to fill-out the 25 WHC roster as they don't like bringing players to Europe and then not giving them playing time. Feels as though it's not fair to the players... which I get to point..but that's neither here nor there.

But if we were bringing a 25 man roster, here are my selections: Players whose teams are currently not in a PO position:

M ST. LOUIS S STAMKOS C GIROUX
JAMIE BENN J TAVARES C CONACHER (Just very curious to see how these 3 would mesh)
T HALL M DUCHENE J EBERLE
A LADD R O’REILLY C HODGSON (Provided ROR gets traded to a non PO team)

S GAGNE P.A. PARENTEAU

I'm leaving RNH off as I don't particularly like where his game is at right now.. and I still don't think he's fully recovered from last year's injury. I think this could be a Taylor Hall sort of thing where 4 years later an injury received in jr. gets operated on.

On D. I'd make no changes except for Myers. Although my preference would be the Top 6.

J BOUWMEESTER D DOUGHTY
B COBURN J SCHULTZ
M CARLE K ALZNER
B Campbell T Harmonic

Goalies? I'll go with your picks, but like every edition of Team Canada these days, with goalies, it is cross your fingers and hope.

I'd be willing to give Huberdeau a shot as well. I think he'd excel in a situation where he's not heavily counted on and playing with elite established players. Just a thought.

Last edited by Mr Writer: 02-23-2013 at 05:14 AM.