Thread: Proposal: Oilers-Kings
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:34 AM
Winger23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post

The Kings won the cup in spite of him, not because of him. And it was a major mistake by Dean getting duped into re-signing him, even if it was for one year. That money should have been spent on another player or players, preferably another winger (like Semin).

As for the trade, as a Kings fan, I'd do it. At least when healthy, Whitney has been a good solid player. Both contracts are up at the end of the year, Penner won't be back here long term. Penner is healthy and still sucks. Give me the potential top 4 d-man especially with the injuries to Greene Mitchell and Martinez.
You are out of your freakin mind. Did you even watch the playoffs last year? Penner was a beast during the playoffs. It's completely unfounded and ignorant with blind hate if you think Penner did not contribute to the cup run.

I don't care what kind of regular season Penner is having or will have. He's looked much better these last 3 games, and if he plays remotely close in the playoffs as he did during last year's, it's worth that gamble.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote