View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 05:36 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
This may sound crazy, and although I don't expect a team to claim him due to his contract, I could see him getting a deal if the Isles buy him out. He's only 30, so he is entering prime years for a goalie, and due to injuries and bad luck, might be healthier than others the same age. Some time in the AHL to build his confidence and exposure to playing more than once a week could be all he needs.
He's in what, year 5-6 of his 15yr deal?

This is actually the best thing for him I think, he was once a very good goaltender and I remember that. If he can get back into a groove in the AHL and really, he should spend the entire year there, he could bounce back next year. The bad part is that he's actually healthy now and probably needed time in the AHL during the lockout, but went to Germany instead and faced lesser competition.

Kind of sad to see the guy's career go this way. He's only played 3 games, he probably should have been given a few more starts, even goaltenders that don't deserve starts around the league, get more than that. I guess if he gets bought out next, he has the chance to sign for dirt cheap (since he's still getting paid by the Isles) and resurrect his career elsewhere.

And he's actually 31, turns 32 a month before the season starts (1981 born).

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote