View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:01 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Truck my guess is that they are fine. In the WJC he played a slightly more reserved roll (still had room to rush the puck) and played really good defense in the tournament minus a play here or there. Too me Buff of last year was talented but wreckless at times......Trouba is talented but aggressive. nothing that a little time with Huddy and time in the NHL won't straiten out. I would think they might be pleased that he is being given the freedom to play within a sysytem that is allowing his offensive talents to grow but who knows I guess?

DespoticNewt my guess is that if the NHL scouts and GM's had a do over on draft day Jacob would go as high as 5th now (4th if it was TNSE picking)....like Hamilton the year before I think D men are a bit tough to peg but to me at least he was an absolute steel at #9 and I personally had him as the 2nd best D prospect going into the draft behind Murray.
I thought that Trouba would be picked long before the Jets would get a crack at him. I had him third behind Murphy and Murray, with Reilly and Dumba rounding the list out. I was surprised as **** to see the Wild take Dumba, as I was sure that he would be the defenseman most likely to remain by the time the Jets got to pick. While I'm not going to open that can of worms with the BPA, I will say that I was very happy he fell to us.