View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 07:08 AM
RtooDtu

vCash: 500
Does TO make a trade to get top3 draft selection?

What do you think we would need to give up in order to get that pick? Make the assumption TO first pick is in the middle of the pack

To TO: #1/2/3 pick
Out of TO: Franson + 1st rounder + MacArthur + Grabovski/Bozak + (if team won't pull trigger 2nd round pick)

I really do believe this is a fair deal. TO losses a great young defenseman, our first rounder in a great draft pool, Bozak who would be a great 2nd/3rd centerman and the potential of MacArthur. In return TO gets that perfect young centerman. The only issue I could see is forcing that young kid into NHL too soon because of the trade we made to get him.

So does anyone agree? Who would you draft if you could get anyone in next year's draft if we made the above trade or your potential trade?

Edit: this is not a discussion about how poorly the Leafs may be this year. For the sake of this argument let's pretend the Leafs will draft in the middle of the pack next year. You don't need to give a specific number and I am going to change my post to reflect that.

Last edited by RtooDtu: 02-23-2013 at 07:14 AM.