Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Seriously? I'm not sure I'd even take him in the top 15 maybe not even the first rd. The only reason I think he is rated so highly is because of his size because they surely can't be looking at his play. This guy screams Ossi Vaananen, big guy, minimal offensive ability except Ristolainen is a pansy that shys away from contact where as Vaananen was physical. There were at least 8 times in the WJC that I saw where he had the puck in the corner of his own end was about to get by an opposing player and he shy away from the hit and turned the puck over. He was one of the worst "big name" players I watched WJC this year, his play was poor at best and he looked to be many years from ever making it to the NHL. Granted Finland had a really bad tournament, but he was one of their worst players.

If we are drafting 6-10 the players I'd look at are Monahan, Lindholm, Shinkaruk and maybe Barkov if he falls. If we are looking for D then Nurse, Zadorov, Morrissey and Pulock would be better than Rasmus Ristolainen.
If you watched the whole tournament you would understand why he shined away from contact, because It wasn't allowed. It was a joke. Ristolainen is one of the toughest young players in FEL. He's by no means SOFT. He's got way better hands than Vaananen. It's not even close. His offensive ability is way beyond Vaananen's. He's going to be NHL defenseman with better offensive skills than Vaananen. Ristolainen is outscoring Vaananen already in FEL, so I don't understand how you can even compare them. They are not similar player.