View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:44 AM
SimonKnightsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Whether the Fowler thing was cooked or not ,that was not my point,it was that Windsor won a mem cup without using and dealing a 1st rder to win
unlike the 2nd year when Brassard was dealt to Belleville to get Grubauer and Cantin
It was cooked all the way...heck most on the Noof I recall said Fowler will end up in Windsor...wait for it. But my point should be clearer 11. Those 2 Mem teams where very good and absolutely loaded with high end guys. To get that type of skill and depth you need either a lot of luck , bad GM,s or both and Rychel found himself a bunch of blockheads who kept handing deals to him. That in itself has now raised the expectation level in Windsor sky high that WR and Boogie can just replecate all those deals and players. The landscape across the OHL has changed rapidly now and getting anything from teams now costs a small fortune. For Hunter just to land Zadorov & Maatta it took a ton of assets and that is why that big tear down turned their fortunes. The Hunter's have changed and surprised I don't hear more about this from media folks. The instant power house teams are not around anymore and especially with OHL watching every little odd move that seems to good to be true. But oh man did they make a big mistake with Kass & Ellis and that same move looks to be repeated this year. Marty's pride got in the way again and he wouldn't take 2 picks, 1 prospect for each player........he wanted even more and thought his build is going alright anyway. But this will come back to haunt him too, the talent he landed it middle of the pack vanilla that will not win him anything. he will have to draft and wait 2 years and maybe his rink is open then.
I wonder if this Mem Cup bid has altered how WR would of dealt this year. I still don't see a plan in Windsor that doesn't look like it was thrown together on the fly. Say what you want about Hunter's but you have to applaud them for that roster...it's nothing spectacular but they drafted it all and have been very patient with the Tierney's, Anderson's and Rupes.
I was talking with a friend the other day about trade deadline and Windsor and did Mem Cup alter their plan. He thought Koko should of been auctioned off since he isn't here next year anyway. His arrival from KHL prolly messed any trade talks up but I imagine there would of been suitors.
What Warren does going into draft will be interesting.....and that import is not much more than a spin of the wheel and hope you luck out.

Keep the faith 11 and OHLTG