Thread: Proposal: Mtl-phi
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I'd like to have Simmonds on the Habs, but he's basically a 20/20 winger. He does bring a great physical element, but he's not close to a 30 goals scorer like his previous season would indicate.

Following this line of thought, I wouldn't trade Eller, Diaz and a 2nd for him. Both players are starting to find their groove lately, and that 2nd rounder will be a high one in a deep draft. Talbot is of no interest at all for me. He's a Steve Bégin 2.0 at best on a pretty lengthy contract.

I think the Habs are giving a pretty solid value here. The only way I see the Flyers refusing it is because A) they're already very deep at center, much like the Habs, and B) they lack some depth on the wings and cannot afford losing Simmonds on the wings, again much like the Habs.

Just imagine if Diaz isn't simply on a hot streak but has finally truly established himself in the league... I'd be reticent to trade him as it is for Simmonds.

I don't think this trade helps the Habs all that much, and I don't think there's enough coming back for the Flyers to consider. They'd need a winger at least, I believe.
This is so full of WRONG.

Simmoonds is a 20-20....except he had 29 goals last year. And this year is on a 31-35 pace. Maybe he is just becoming better????

Talbot is Begin 2.0 at best....except that Begin had 1 season of 12 goals or more and had 6 seasons of ZERO goals. Talbot has 4 seasons of 12 or more goals already.

Diaz is a #5 D-man that is good on the PP.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote