View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 08:08 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I didn't think I'd say this but I'm seriously considering about if they should trade PMB. I'd give him 8-10 games and if he still can't prove otherwise, trade him.

What do you think about the issue with Cullen. The NTC is problematic but if he starts his hot stint of the season, should they try get a good value from him by trading. Whaddayathink?
PMB is like Cullen. They have absolutely no future with the Wild beyond this season. Find a team that is a Cup contender AND who their agent/they feel like the can re-sign with next year, and I bet the NTC would be waived.

BUT, the other team has to be in a win-now mode, and an under-achieving, dollar matching asset has to come back to the Wild. Kind of the change of scenery my do both sides/players some good, thinking.

Besides a "prospect," Cal C should be added to the mix if you are looking for an upgrade. If any of these prospects pan-out, he could end-up being a 4th liner long-term for the Wild. Solid 3rd liner right now, but some around the league may view him as a marginal 2nd liner, or may fill a need as it relates to energy/whatever.

I would toss Zack Phillips into the mix as well. Only a pro for half a season, so other GMs around the league may view him as being in the wrong organization. The NHL seems to have a history of holding-out for a long, long time, waiting for the #1s to perform.