View Single Post
Old
07-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man View Post
Although Frolov is clearly an upgrade a Ryder as the King has a more complete game, the trade creates 2 holes in our lineup at 2nd l c. and we would be missing a top 4 D.
I fail to see what Belanger brings to us as he would be a redundant 4th line checker where we already have Begin, Bonk, Johhnson, Murray and Downey. If we need another depth guy, we might as well bring in Ferland or Lapierre as the new forward.

Let's say we make this trade... then what do we do to replace Ribs and Sheldon? The move is not complete. Although it improves us on one end it creates 2 problems. 2.And frolov is not THAT big an upgrade on Ryder. He' s no Elias.
i don't think it does, just put Johnson as the 2nd center, since Sammy and Kovy aren't he most reliable players defensively and Johnson has a shoot mentally witch we need with playmakers like Sammy and Kovy, witch leads to a spot for Kostytsin on the 3rd line and just sign Danny Markov to replace Souray, i think we even save salary. of course that is if the trade is fair to begin with, what type of player is Belanger, a goon?

2. Frolov is a hell of a player, far more faster, better shot, passing skills, vision then Ryder has, could you just imagine a team having 6 wingers of

Frolov-Higgins
Samsonov-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Kostytsin

and that's without even talking about Latendresse!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote