Thread: Speculation: Washington as sellers?
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Caps8112

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Availables:
Ribeiro (it's his call though, if he wants to re-up, Caps will sign him)
Johansson
Hamrlik
Erskine
Poti
Schultz
Chimera
Crabb
Wolski
Fehr (though I think he'll sign)
Perreault
Ward (most likely)
Hillen
Therefore, untouchables are:
Green
Carlson
Alzner
Ovechkin
Backstrom

Neuvirth (though I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him, just don't think it's gonna happen)
Holtby
Brouwer
Laich
Hendricks (I think he'll gladly re-sign)
Beagle
Kundratek
Orlov
Prospects with NHL potential (Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Wey, Schilling, Mitchell, Djoos, Barber)

None of the bolded should be untouchable. It seems most caps fans believe that these players will either become what they were suppose to or snap back to the All Star form they once showed. Outside of Carlson and Neuvirth all are way overpaid. Green is done and will never be what he once was. For all the people claiming he is playing his best defense of his career right now, that is fine he is still not a $6 mill Defensemen and will likely never play a full season in his career. Laich was overpaid from the start. He had one good season of offense and that translates to 4 mill. A poster above said it perfect. GMGM is a terrible GM. I could have picked the top four players he picked in those first rounds. He has been terrible at drafting, terrible at trading and free agency/resigning our own and really needs to be shown the door. Until GMGM is removed the Caps are going no where.

Caps8112 is offline   Reply With Quote