Thread: Proposal: Florida - St Louis
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 08:42 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I said it should be just a Weiss rental deal on the first page, but you sucked me into it by making Kulikov so available w/o giving up Shattenkirk.

Perron can and has played some RW with the Blues. In fact, last year when Arnott at C meant Steen was in his correct position at LW, Perron played some on the right side once McDonald returned.

Kulikov for Perron + Polak is imbalanced in the Panthers' favor. A deal that makes more sense is Perron + Cole + Ottawa's 2d + conditional pick/prospect for Kulikov + Weiss. That should either be a 3d round pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign in St. Louis or Lehtera if he does. Weiss would have to sign before the June 30 single-day draft or Florida would get the 3d. (Lehtera, a center and '08 pick, is and has been one of the top scorers in the KHL and wants to come over next year.)

I am a big Perron fan as my own board knows but having Petro/Kulikov/Shattenkirk as a top 3 defense group for a long time is hugely appealing, and the Blues do have Jaskin knocking at the door on LW. Suppose Weiss re-signs and McDonald leaves. Next year:

C: Backes, Weiss, Berglund
LW: Steen, Schwartz, Sobotka (Jaskin working in)
RW: Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart

Kulikov-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
XXX-Polak

Now the Blues are insulated a bit from injury to one of those three defensemen.
I like this deal. Makes sense. Don't wish to part with either piece, but would help the Blues.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote