View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 09:26 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
I don't like losing Laughton at all. I think guys like Cousins + Noebels, Z, Wellwood, could be offered for a puck moving defenseman. You're not going to get a legit #1 without giving up B. Schenn or Couturier plus picks/prospects - and I just don't think that is the best idea. This really isn't a win now team. I know anything can happen once you get in - but the Flyers would be much better off for years to come if they just tweaked things now and let this season play itself out without doing anything drastic. I like Brassard or maybe Ryan Ellis if they could be had for Cousins +. Who is going to want Cousins if he's in jail though... Can't lead any league in points when you're locked up.

The Flyers have a lot of really good young players on good contracts (Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, Read, Couturier) and you have two guys that are absolutely good enough to play first pairing minutes in Schenn and Coburn - they just need a partner (NEXT SEASON) like Bouwmeester/Yandle/J. Johnson. Meszaros could handle 1st pairing responsibilities as well if he could stay healthy which he can't it seems.

I think a first pairing of Schenn and Brassard or Ellis would be great. Then you could have:

Schenn - Brassard/Ellis
Timmonen - Coburn reunited and it feels so good
Grossman - Meszaros/Gus
Brassard? Derek Brassard? The center?

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote