View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00n View Post
I think I first realized this was happening 1-2 years ago. The writing was on the wall. I actually went throught the pre-firesale roster and matched up every player with the guys who were on that more recent roster, and it was uncannily accurate.

He also has patterns in hiring coaches.
Except the team going into the season of the firesale was the victim of Leonis' kneejerk reaction to slash the budget as a result of all the empty seats during the playoffs series against Tampa. That left McPhee with no money to replace Johansson and Klee and left the team with just two NHL defensemen in Gonchar and Witt.

And I'm sorry but if you see the rest of today's blueline corps as the equivalent of Doig, Kwiatkowski, Berry, a 19 year old Eminger, Boumedienne, and Rohloff I'm not sure what to say. None of those guys should have even been in the league much less playing regular minutes.

You can argue that Erskine shouldn't be playing top 4 minutes and maybe Kundratek should be getting more AHL time but they are all NHL players except maybe him, though he is looking better and better IMO.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote