View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 10:33 AM
black charger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Pretty sure this is a joke post, but I'm not certain.

Of the teams in the east, I would pick Pittsburgh, Boston, and the Rangers to sweep the Leafs. I'd pick NJ, Montreal, Tampa, Philly, and Buffalo to win without too much difficulty. And I'd still pick Carolina, Ottawa, NYI, and Winnipeg to win in a series. Which leaves Florida and Washington. If either of those teams make it as well as the Leafs, I could see them having a realistic shot against them.

Seriously, kids will be kids. Ask any team in the league with a bunch of young stars. JVR, Frattin, Rielly, Gardiner, and Scrivens will all have slumps where it seems like they'll never get out of them.

When was the last time I heard Leafs fans say "THIS goalie is it after a good portion of or entire season".

There are simply a lot of holes on the team. They'll be a solid 4-8 playoff team for years to come, maybe better (though I don't think so. I can't imagine them being better than the Bruins, Habs, Sens, and Sabres every year), but right now? No. On paper, they're arguably the worst *healthy* team in the division.

And once it came to playing against the west, they'd get destroyed. Against any Western team capable of making the finals. Chicago, Vancouver, SJ, Anaheim, LA, St. Louis-- they'd all KILL the Leafs in 4-5 games.

Is this jim Hughson?

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote