View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I get that but it's still the what have you done for me lately syndrome. Leblanc played in the NHL last year and was effective at 20 Y/O. He was on pace for 10 goals and 10 assist with 10 minutes of play at ES only. He showed he was effective and he got injured this year. Management is selling him short, just like the fans. He's not playing well (Well he picked it up the last 5 games.) but it's not the first time this happens... Heh Max?

And you can look at all the stats that favors him (While I don't like doing that I think that when the majority go in favor it must mean something)
+3, 9GVA/15 TKA 68 hits(in 4X games.)

The game where he played the most, against Florida(17 minutes) he had a whopping 4 shots and 1 goal.

Is it really ? Most of the ahl is full of kids 21-25 trying to take it to the next level and who will probably succeed and some veteran who will never have a shot at it and the SEL is full of the latter.
I don't know what to make of the Leblanc situation. He hasn't had an easy development path. 5 leagues, including the world's best, in 4 years, which implies different teammates, coaches, systems and parts of the world one calls home, at least temporarily. Then you have injuries in places, like ankle and shoulder, that take long time to heal but slow you down as one tries to play through them.

Anyway, I haven't given up on him as a prospect. Just hope that he puts together a good rest of season in Hamilton and go from there.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote