View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 10:01 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Truck my guess is that they are fine. In the WJC he played a slightly more reserved roll (still had room to rush the puck) and played really good defense in the tournament minus a play here or there. Too me Buff of last year was talented but wreckless at times......Trouba is talented but aggressive. nothing that a little time with Huddy and time in the NHL won't straiten out. I would think they might be pleased that he is being given the freedom to play within a sysytem that is allowing his offensive talents to grow but who knows I guess?

DespoticNewt my guess is that if the NHL scouts and GM's had a do over on draft day Jacob would go as high as 5th now (4th if it was TNSE picking)....like Hamilton the year before I think D men are a bit tough to peg but to me at least he was an absolute steel at #9 and I personally had him as the 2nd best D prospect going into the draft behind Murray.
I also kinda doubt they are worried. I was just throwing it out there.

The freedom to explore his offensive game has made him into a far more dynamic player. There would be a tipping point though.