View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:05 AM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
There is a full page story in the WFP about the injury. The passage of events as told by the article is chilling. I can't even imagine being on the scene. as a positive, we finally know the cause of the mysterious upper body injury that Mittens suffered. He stepped on a fallen stick, slipped, and fell head first against the boards, concussing himself.
Quote:
Miracle on ice
Quick action by Jets staff, teammate likely saved Zach Redmond's life

PHILADELPHIA -- Maybe a guy becomes immune to it after slogging away in training rooms all over the hockey map for more than a decade.

You see, coaches yell and scream, rant and rave all the time. And so when Winnipeg Jets head athletic therapist Rob Milette first heard somebody holler "Mullet!" -- his nickname -- just after noon on Thursday in Raleigh, N.C., it just seemed like another mini-crisis was unfolding on another regular day at the office.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...192667711.html

EDIT: After reading the article I'm convinced now more than ever that if tourniquets aren't standard equipment within a trainers bag, they should be.

I also think a little refresher training is in order, for everyone, it just makes good sense.

Last edited by NODLR: 02-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.
NODLR is offline   Reply With Quote