View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I see him doing something to acquire a skill C and skill W either way because there's no guarntee of Malkin's health throughout the playoffs even if he comes back.

IMO we're going to unload some key assets. Just a question of to which team(s). You go through 3 years of these serious injuries to star players and the only conclusion you can draw after losing 3 first round playoffs is, you need more stars. Fill the bottom 6 with less expensive, home-grown players... and load 'em up on the Top 6 for as many years as you can keep em. Just expect you might only have one star around for 2 or 3 years, then you have to go get another one. Such is life under the Cap.
I think Shero will wait to see how Sutter & Jeffrey perform in their new roles while Malkin is out before he tries to acquire a center.

When you think about it, Cullen would be very useful right now given how versatile he is playing wing or center, and given his experience. I see Shero taking a jab at acquiring him soon but I just hope he ends up expanding the deal a little to get Seto instead of Bouchard. We have enough players with concussion histories on our team and he wouldn't last against a playoff series against the Bruins or Flyers. No thanks.

Boyckuk will probably need to go if he were to get a W & C by the way.