View Single Post
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
All you are doing is quoting and stat watching. Did you watch him play at all in Ottawa? Yes, he became a very potent offensive defenceman, but the reality is that his defensive instincts are good. Almost every defenceman in the league needs to take time when they are young to work on their decision making and "play away from the puck". They aren't directly criticizing his defensive play -- he's smart, and he plays well in his own zone. He isn't physical, but he has never been a physical guy.

Plus, I never said that he was some defensive stalwart right now anyway. Just that he was originally a defensive defenceman (which he was). He understands the defensive side of the game, but he gave some of that up when transitioning to a more offensive style. Karlsson was the same way can we not agree that he has shown to have a ton of defensive ability now?
Hold on a second, if I quote what a professional NHL GM or head of a scouting department for and NHL says, you don't consider that valid input to this discussion?

I used Ceci's stats from midget that clearly shows he had offensive capability long before he turned 18, which was when you claimed he discovered this ability.

Lastly, yes I watched Ceci play for the 67s for the past three years and everything I have said about him is my opinion based on what I have seen.