Thread: Proposal: Pit-Dal Ryder
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:32 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I never mentioned you living in a fantasy world. You seem weirdly aggressive and angry about this.

If you aren't mentioning a 1st and you aren't mentioning a top-flight D prospect, not sure what you're mentioning.

But ANGRY MESSAGE TO YOU TOO, sir.

Even if we can't all get along on HF ... Ryder to Pittsburgh has the same feel to me that Neal to Pittsburgh did. We all talked about it for a while, and I was never all that comfortable with the potential return.

Neal seemed like the prefect long term solution at wing then, and Ryder seems like a perfect short term solution at wing now. Hopefully though Dallas actually gets something useful ... no idea what that would be.

I think Dallas fans, myself included, believe that Ryder's value could be slightly elevated because there really could be a scenario where several teams target him and drive up the price. Now ... that doesn't mean to some ridiculously great piece for Dallas, but a 2nd and prospect seems fair. It's fun to speculate about the potential prospect, but who knows for sure.

I do think of all of Dallas' players, Ryder is the one who will move regardless of Dallas' playoff position. I do think this scenario plays out exactly as the one that occurred with Nicklas Grossmann. They'll feel that the offers are too goo to pass up, and they will ultimately be more than comfortable with one of their younger prospects taking a bigger role.