View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 12:39 PM
AgentM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
All blockbuster jokes aside, I see him doing something to acquire a skill C and skill W either way, because there's no guarntee of Malkin's health throughout the playoffs even if he comes back. This puts us in too precarious a situation, even going into next year.

IMO we're going to unload some key assets on D and maybe even a Kunitz type, in order to get a huge upgrade. Just a question of to which team(s). You go through 3 years of these serious injuries to star players and the only conclusion you can draw after losing 3 first round playoffs is, you need more stars. Fill the bottom 6 with less expensive, home-grown players... and load 'em up on the Top 6 for as many years as you can keep em. Just expect you might only have one star around for 2 or 3 years, then you have to go get another one. Such is life under the Cap.
I think what you really were trying to infer was that this completely impossible solution is our only hope!

To Ducks: Evgeni Malkin and Tyler Kennedy
To Pens: Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry

Shero freaks out about having the success of the team tied into two players with concussion issues so he rolls the dice like never before. The Ducks throw away their Cup run for a guy that might play for them again this season. Getzlaf and Perry happily re-sign because they get to play on the same team as Sid like everyone else in the league does. The whole thing just makes too much sense

Obviously this is ludicrous, but I have to say this lineup would be pretty sick:

Bennett - Crosby - Neal
Kunitz - Getzlaf - Perry
Dupuis - Sutter - Jeffrey
Glass - Vitale - Adams